The Aged Task Force is a group of seniors, community organisations and services who meet regularly and are committed to improving the quality of life of older people in region.
The Task Force has been successfully operating for 18 years under the auspices of Healthy Cities Illawarra (HCI).
The Aged Task Force has open membership and always welcomes new members. Its goals are:
- To have a task force that is broadly representative of all stakeholders, including older people, aged care providers, government and non-government agencies.
- To provide a forum for the exchange of information between service providers, older people and those with an interest in matters which affect older adults.
- To increase community awareness and response about the issues which affect the health and well being of older people in the Illawarra.
- To listen to the needs and concerns of the older community and prioritise and develop strategies to address them.
- To advocate for the best possible level of service provision for older people.
If you are interested in being a member of the Aged Task Force, please contact Healthy Cities Illawarra on 4283 8111 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
The Aged Task Force meets quarterly at Healthy Cities Illawarra, and is always open to new members.