Healthy Cities Illawarra bases its work on the World Health Organisation definition of health which is "a complete state of physical, mental and social well-being, and not merely the absence of disease or infirmity." World Health Organisation Constitution. Geneva, 1948
We promote and support actions to establish social, economic and physical environments conducive to good health and wellbeing.
- We aim to develop programs which are conducive to good health and wellbeing
- We share in the development of public policy to effect change
- We partner with Government and private organisations to promote health
- We aim to reduce inequality by building capacity
- We recognise the special needs of vulnerable populations
- We aim to foster social connection and inclusion
- We adhere to the principles of the World Health Organisation.
Long term goals and objectives.
Our long term goals and objectives are to:
- Maintain a sustainable business model
- Strengthen our organisation through developing new contacts and nurturing existing relationships
- Build the credibility and reputation of the organisation
- Grow and build community capacity
- Build effective partnerships with key government, and non-government organisations and the private sector to promote the health and well-being of the local community
(updated Jan 2015)